Last Updated: August 10, 2021
We reserve the right to change this policy. If we make any material changes, we will endeavor to notify you at the email address you provide to us or by means of a notice on our Services prior to or upon the change becoming effective. We encourage you to review this page periodically for the latest information on our privacy practices.
We have a separate Terms of Service agreement, which governs your use of the Services, and which you must sign in order to use the Services.
Who We Are
The mission of Special X / Undivided is to help every child with disabilities reach their full potential. We will do this by building a parent-centric software platform that delivers precision care across health, education and wellness. Over time, the platform will combine knowledge about each child’s specific needs with tools that align the child’s entire caregiving team around better outcomes.
We are a Delaware corporation located at 11340 West Olympic Boulevard Suite 270, Los Angeles, CA, 90064. Our phone number is (415) 484-8497, and our email address is email@example.com. We provide an on-line service that allows you to store information relating to someone with disabilities, and to share that information with others to coordinate services for the person with disabilities. This policy covers information about you and information about the person with disabilities whose information you store on our Services.
What Information We Collect
When you visit our Internet site. When you visit our Internet site we collect Usage Data, which includes information about:
- Your use of the site, including your IP address or other identifier;
- Your mobile phone or computer functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, network, and carrier information);
- The URL that referred you to our web site;
- The areas within our web sites that you visit, duration of your visits, and your activities there (including remembering you and your preferences);
- Your computer location, and other computer data, including the date and time you access the website.
We may use various methods to collect and store Usage Data. These methods may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your computer. They may include cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, browser fingerprinting, e-tags, entity tags, and similar technologies that may be developed in the future. We may use these technologies for various purposes, including giving you access to our Services, identifying you when you use our Services, improving the performance, content and security of our Services, keeping track of your preferences, and tailoring what we show you (including advertisements) to your interests and your prior activities on our Services and third-party sites.
Do Not Track Signals. We honor Do Not Track signals and if you enable a Do Not Track signal through your browser, we will take steps to not track your Internet activity or plant cookies when a “do not track” browser mechanism is in place.
We may also collect other Personal Information about you when you visit our Internet site, such as your name, email address, or other information about the person on behalf of whom you are providing us information. We may collect this information when you provide it to us, even if you do not register for our Services.
When you register for our Services or contact us. When you register for our Services we ask you to provide Personal Information about yourself and the person whose information you will store on our site. This may include, for example, your name, email address, phone number, other contact information, account login information, information about the person whose information you provide to us, and other personal demographic information. We store this information in your on-line profile. You can change information in your profile by logging into your Special X / Undivided account. The on-line registration process will indicate what information is required, and what information is voluntary.
When you establish an account, our third-party payment service provider, Stripe, will collect your credit card details and other billing information and charge your credit card account in connection with the account. Special X does not view or store your credit card information.
We provide various means of contacting us, for example by calling or emailing our support service, or filling out an on-line support request or feedback form. We maintain the information you provide through these contacts.
Information you store in our Services. In addition to the information you provide when you register for our Services, you can use our Services to store information about someone with disabilities, and related information about family, friends and service providers. Examples of such information include insurance information, family details, medical history, identification information, assessment information, or information about the needs of the person with disabilities. You have the authority to decide what information of this kind you store in our system. You can also allow others to have access to this information by giving them access to your account. We will comply with your requests to give others access to your account. We have no control over the uses or disclosures that they may make of information in your account. While our policies require each individual to whom you give access to have a unique identifier, we cannot prevent people from sharing identifiers, and we may have no means of knowing if they do so. You should therefore limit access to your account to people you trust.
How We Use Personal Information. Personal Information is information that can be used to identify you, and other information about you that is linked to information that can be used to identify you. We may use Personal Information about you to provide our Services to you. This includes:
- operating our Services, including maintaining, developing, evaluating and improving our Services, personnel training and management, business management and general administrative activities, and customer service.
- communicating with you about our Services, for example to arrange and conduct testing and servicing, to provide user support, to provide guidance about our Services, and to bill and collect payment for the Services.
- customizing our Services to your preferences or for showing you specific content that we think may be of interest to you, and providing you with information about our products and Services.
We may disclose Personal Information about you to others. We may disclose your Personal Information and other information stored in your account in the following ways:
- Contracted Service Providers. We may share Personal Information about you with contractors and service providers who help us conduct our business or operate our Services, or who provide services to you in conjunction with our Services. These may include, for example, our web site hosting contractors, contractors who staff our call centers, process payments, host or manage our user database or technology systems, provide customer support, and help us track and analyze the use of our Services. Third-party service providers may collect information about your use of their services. We are not responsible for the activities of third parties, or for their compliance with their own privacy policies.
- Family, friends and service providers. You can store Personal Information in your Special X / Undivided online account, and you can allow your service providers, family members and others to have access to that information by registering them in your account. When you request access for third parties to access your account, you authorize us to give access to your account, and to all of the Personal Information in the account, to anyone you register for access to your account. When you subscribe to our Services, you will be required to sign a general authorization that allows us to share information in your account with anyone to whom you give access, and when you ask us give access to someone in particular, you will be required to sign a specific authorization allowing us to give access to that person. You can terminate these authorizations in your account profile, but it may take us some time to implement your changes, and your termination will not be effective for any disclosures we may have made prior to your termination request.
- For legal compliance, including responding to legal process, responding and reporting to law enforcement authorities, enforcing our site policies, detecting and preventing abuse of our Services, or protecting our or others’ rights, property or safety.
- To respond to and mitigate security incidents.
- To process and collect payment for our Services.
- For dispute resolution, including prosecuting or defending claims by or against us.
- When we are required by law to make a disclosure.
- For other purposes that we determine are necessary for the operation of our company, the provision of our Services, or the safety of our users. However, we do not disclose Personal Information about you to unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- At your direction or request.
Please remember that we do not control the use of your information by third parties. If you allow access to your account by third parties, you can terminate their access by setting your preferences in your user account, but terminating access will not affect information we have already shared.
Information You Disclose on Public Forums
We may de-identify your Personal Information by removing identifiers or by combining it with the information of other Special X users, so that it cannot reasonably be identified with you. We may use, disclose and sell de-identified information to our business partners and the public without restriction. For example, we may use de-identified data to provide research or reports about health; to inform the health community about trends; for marketing and promotional use; or for sale to interested consumers. When we provide this information, we take measures to ensure that the data does not identify you and cannot reasonably be used with other publicly available information to identify you. We will not compensate you in any way for any compensation we receive for de-identified data.
We may collect information regarding customer activities on or through our Services. We may use this information for various purposes, including keeping track of your preferences, and tailoring what we show or send you (including advertisements for our own products and services, and those of third parties) to your interests and your prior activities on our Services and third-party sites. We may also aggregate this information and use it to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our website, products, and services are of most interest. We will not provide your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties for marketing without your consent.
When you register for our services, you provide your email address. We use this address to communicate with you about our Services. We may also use your email address to send you advertisements and promotions for commercial products. You can opt out of receiving advertising or commercial emails by logging on to your user profile, or by following the “Unsubscribe” link in at the foot of an email.
California Shine the Light
California’s “Shine the Light” law allows California residents to request and obtain from Special X once per calendar year information about any of your Personal Information we share with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
We incorporate reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your personal information, and to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and quality of your personal information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information is completely secure. We cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Service and provide us with your information at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
User Information and Communications
We are not responsible for maintaining the truthfulness and accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration. We may disable your account, or certain features of our Services, if we determine that the information provided is false or no longer current.
No Use by Children
We are a general audience site, and we do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a site user is under 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You can access and change or correct certain Personal Information that we maintain about you by logging on to your personal profile on our Services. For instructions for accessing your profile email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Third Party Sites