Undivided Resources
Parent Question
How do I choose an IHSS provider?

How do I choose an IHSS provider?

Published: Mar. 4, 2022Updated: Mar. 17, 2022

If you are ineligible to be a parent provider, you must hire someone to perform the authorized services. If you need assistance locating a provider, call the Personal Assistance Services Council (PASC), the Public Authority for Los Angeles County IHSS providers. PASC operates a Provider Registry and will provide you with referrals to providers. Contact PASC at (877) 565-4477 or visit their website.

You may also have a family member or family friend become authorized to provide IHSS services. As with parent providers, third-party providers must be eligible to work in the United States, and will be required to complete background checks, fingerprinting and orientation.

For more information, check out our article Choose Your IHSS Provider.

Join the Undivided Community to get more resources like this in your inbox


Promise Image
Each piece of content has been rigorously researched, edited, and vetted to bring you the latest and most up-to-date information. Learn more about our content and research process here.
A Navigator is your Partner at each turn
Every Undivided Navigator has years of experience supporting families raising kids with disabilities or parenting their own. Partner with an Undivided Navigator for a free Kickstart to learn first hand what support feels like!
Expert-driven content, guidance, and solutions.
Member events and office hours with real answers, plus access to our private parents' group.
Priority to begin a free Kickstart of the Undivided Support System with a dedicated Navigator.
“It’s so helpful to have one place that you can go to get many answers.”–Leeza Woodbury, with Navigator Kelly since 2020
*Currently offering Navigator Kickstarts to residents of California