Undivided Resources
Parent Question
How do I update or amend my child's IPP?

How do I update or amend my child's IPP?

Published: Nov. 29, 2023Updated: Dec. 12, 2023

According to Disability Rights CA, you can ask for an IPP meeting whenever your child's needs change or you need a new or different service. Ask your service coordinator to set up an IPP meeting, and together you can review your child's needs and services in order to revise the IPP.

For more help, ask an Undivided Navigator for our step-by-step guide to reviewing and updating the IPP. (If you don't have a Navigator yet, start here.)

Join the Undivided Community to get more resources like this in your inbox


Promise Image
Each piece of content has been rigorously researched, edited, and vetted to bring you the latest and most up-to-date information. Learn more about our content and research process here.
A Navigator is your Partner at each turn
Every Undivided Navigator has years of experience supporting families raising kids with disabilities or parenting their own. Partner with an Undivided Navigator for a free Kickstart to learn first hand what support feels like!
Expert-driven content, guidance, and solutions.
Member events and office hours with real answers, plus access to our private parents' group.
Priority to begin a free Kickstart of the Undivided Support System with a dedicated Navigator.
“It’s so helpful to have one place that you can go to get many answers.”–Leeza Woodbury, with Navigator Kelly since 2020
*Currently offering Navigator Kickstarts to residents of California