Undivided Resources
Parent Question
What kinds of accommodations can be provided under a 504 plan?

What kinds of accommodations can be provided under a 504 plan?

Published: Mar. 15, 2022Updated: Jan. 6, 2023

Accommodations provided under a 504 plan are designed to give children with disabilities access to the learning environment. Assistance carrying books, assistive technology devices, or materials with enlarged print are all examples of accommodations that can be provided through a 504 plan. To qualify, a child must have a disability that interferes with learning in their general education classroom.

For more information, see our article What’s the Difference Between a 504 Plan and an IEP?

Join the Undivided Community to get more resources like this in your inbox


Promise Image
Each piece of content has been rigorously researched, edited, and vetted to bring you the latest and most up-to-date information. Learn more about our content and research process here.
A Navigator is your Partner at each turn
Every Undivided Navigator has years of experience supporting families raising kids with disabilities or parenting their own. Partner with an Undivided Navigator for a free Kickstart to learn first hand what support feels like!
Expert-driven content, guidance, and solutions.
Member events and office hours with real answers, plus access to our private parents' group.
Priority to begin a free Kickstart of the Undivided Support System with a dedicated Navigator.
“It’s so helpful to have one place that you can go to get many answers.”–Leeza Woodbury, with Navigator Kelly since 2020
*Currently offering Navigator Kickstarts to residents of California