Undivided Resources
Parent Question
Where can I find child care for my child with a disability?

Where can I find child care for my child with a disability?

Published: Aug. 4, 2023Updated: Aug. 4, 2023

If your child is a Regional Center client, your Regional Center likely works with respite care agencies that can help you find a respite worker.

If your child is not a Regional Center client, or you find respite services inadequate for your needs, you can look for a private agency to help you hire a child care provider, or you can screen for a provider yourself on a job board site.

For a full list of resources, see our article Finding Child Care for Kids with Extra Support Needs.

Join the Undivided Community to get more resources like this in your inbox


Promise Image
Each piece of content has been rigorously researched, edited, and vetted to bring you the latest and most up-to-date information. Learn more about our content and research process here.
A Navigator is your Partner at each turn
Every Undivided Navigator has years of experience supporting families raising kids with disabilities or parenting their own. Partner with an Undivided Navigator for a free Kickstart to learn first hand what support feels like!
Expert-driven content, guidance, and solutions.
Member events and office hours with real answers, plus access to our private parents' group.
Priority to begin a free Kickstart of the Undivided Support System with a dedicated Navigator.
“It’s so helpful to have one place that you can go to get many answers.”–Leeza Woodbury, with Navigator Kelly since 2020
*Currently offering Navigator Kickstarts to residents of California